You could get more out of every swimming session! Here are GTN’s tips on how to train like a pro for your next triathlon swim.
Subscribe to GTN: http://gtn.io/SubscribetoGTN
Check out the GTN Shop: http://gtn.io/1m
Do you want your next triathlon swim to be smooth and effortless? Check out GTN’s tips on how to train like a pro in the pool…
– Structured sessions – Each session should have a focus. Including one aerobic, one speed and one threshold session per week will lead to a greater improvement than steady swimming.
– Technical Analysis – Get a friend or coach to film you and someone to analyse your stroke will help prevent forming bad habits. Regular drills will help reinforce good technique, especially if done at the end of a session.
– Breathing – practise breathing bilaterally help keep your stroke symmetrical however it is okay to breathe every two to prevent swimming hypoxic.
– Open Water Skills – Practise open water skills such as sighting, swimming in a group and swimming without touching the wall.
– Drafting – This is a skill that needs practising and can be done in the pool with familiar swimmers.
If you’d like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here’s the link 👍 http://gtn.io/1l
Watch more on GTN…
📹 4 Swim Workouts – http://gtn.io/SwimWorkouts
📹 How To Tumble Turn – http://gtn.io/TumbleTurn
The Global Triathlon Network (GTN) is the best triathlon YouTube channel, with videos for anyone who loves triathlon: from seasoned Ironman racers to first timers – and everyone in between.
With the help of our pro and Olympic medal winning team, we’re here to inform, entertain and inspire you to become a better triathlete; including videos on:
How to swim, bike, and run faster with expert knowledge
Beat your PB with record-breaking expertise
Get the best from your bike and gear with pro know-how
In-depth, entertaining features from the heart of the sport
Chat, opinion and interact with us across the channel and on social media every week
Join us on YouTube’s best triathlon channel to get closer to the sport and to become a better, faster and fitter triathlete.
Welcome to the Global Triathlon Network.
Thanks to our sponsors:
Cervelo bikes: http://gtn.io/cervelo
Assos of Switzerland clothing: http://gtn.io/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gtn.io/kask
Park Tool: http://gtn.io/parktool
Profile Design: http://gtn.io/profiledesign
Zipp wheels: http://gtn.io/zipp
Quarq powermeters: http://gtn.io/quarq
Vision wheels: http://gtn.io/vision
Team Bath: http://gtn.io/TeamBath
YouTube Channel – http://gtn.io/YouTube
Facebook – http://gtn.io/Facebook
Instagram – http://gtn.io/Instagram
Twitter – http://gtn.io/Twitter
Google+ – http://gtn.io/GooglePlus
Strava Club – http://gtn.io/stravaclub